Mandi Leigh's Handcrafted Items, and Leigh's Wiccan Boutique

Hi I'm Mandi Leigh You can find just about anything you are looking for at my Etsy Shop. It is a place with a little of Everything! Handmade Magickal Creations, Vintage, Metaphysical, Ritual, and Spiritual you will you find here at Leigh's Boutique. Cant find what your looking for? No problem! Just send me a message and tell me what it is that you seek. I will let you know if I can make it or not. I am here to work for you, and provide you the items you so desire.

You will find a variety of Handcrafted items at my Etsy shop like One of a Kind Gemstone Jewelry using Precious, and Semi Precious Stones, with their Metaphysical, and Magical properties, Natural Bath & Body products, Hair Accessories, Wall Hangings, Dream Catchers, Wands, Wind Chimes, Pagan Ritual Tools, Statuary, and More.

GREAT LOW PRICES!

Proud Member of the Kansas Etsy Team, and Etsy's Pagan Team!

Visit the shop today at:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/leighswiccanboutique

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fenton Colonial Pink New England Pineapple Compote by MandiLeighs

Fenton Colonial Pink New England Pineapple Compote by MandiLeighs

This is a pretty footed compote from Fenton Art Glass.

This is the New England Pineapple Pattern. Dating from the 1960s. It stands 6" tall and approximately 6" in diameter. It has a crimped, ruffled edge, and is Pink in color. Used by Fenton from 1962 - 1969.
Color could be Cherry Pink, or Colonial Pink.
No chips, nicks, cracks, or breaks. In mint condition!

At first when researching this item I wasnt positive it was fenton because of the HW imprint on the bottom.
Even though my grandmother had said it was Fenton.

During more research on this item I have discovered it was the New England Pineapple pattern.

Rare and beautiful New England Pineapple Goblet was originally produced in 1860 by Boston and Sandwich Glass Co, Boston, MA; reproduced in the 1950s by Fenton. They produced the Goblet in color using the original mold.

This is the Exact Design as the Fenton Goblet which can be found here http://www.colbertiniglass.com/40s_50s_60s/New_England_Pineapple_goblet_blue.htm

I successfully found 3 Fenton compotes online of this exact pattern. 1 Peacock blue compote on ruby lane http://www.rubylane.com/shops/lilacvintage/item/110494
1 on Replacements.ltd under ruffled compote
http://www.clintsmanint.com/webquote/FENPING.htm
& 1 in pink on ebay. NONE OF THE ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE, but u can still view the one on ruby lane in the colonial peacock blue and the one on replacements in the colonial green.

I am Assuming the HW mark is either by the orginal mold fenton used from the Boston and Sandwich Glass Co, Boston, MA, or Since Fenton made alot of glass for a number of different companys it could also be a makers mark added to the glass by fenton for the company. It also could be the Artist initials of the compote. I cannot say for certain.

This compote Predates the fenton logo stamp.

Since this style of compote is so hard to find im listing this as one of those hard to find pieces.

SHIPPING: Shipping cost is based on prices I have paid in the past to ship my vintage items in the US. If it comes out to be cheaper Ill refund the remaining shipping cost to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think of Mandi Leighs on Etsy!